Friday 4 October 2013

AvoCacao, Almond and Blueberry Smoothie


I've spent all morning in bed finishing my book. I just couldn't put it down until it was done. So it has been a very slow, indulgent and lazy morning. When I eventually did emerge down to the kitchen I was starving and desperate for a very big smoothie, so instead of grabbing a glass I went for a bowl. I also thought I would try mixing up a few different ingredients and what I came up with didn't look so amazing (colour is a light chocolate mouse with a similar mousy texture) but tasted just awesome. 

(By the way the book I was reading is Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, recommended by a friend  and I would definitely pass on the recommendation!)



Ingredients (serves 1 very hungry person):

1 large avocado

1 cup of almond milk

4 cubes of ice

1 cup of blueberries

1 tablespoon of raw almond butter

1 teaspoon of raw cacao powder

1 handful of kale

1 teaspoon of wheatgrass powder

1/2 lemon peeled and pipped

1 tablespoon of coconut oil

1 teaspoon of chia seeds

1 teaspoon of cinnamon 

If you are looking for a satisfying breakfast this is it! I am full and ready to start the day. Today I am making a Raw Blueberry Cheesecake for the first time to take to a friends baby shower tomorrow. It is vegan, dairy and gluten free so I am excited to showcase how delicious clean food can be! Lets hope the reviews are good... Thank you again Deliciously Ella!








No comments:

Post a Comment