Tuesday 22 October 2013

Almond and Cacao Truffles


Nut and date truffles are my favourite snacks to make at the moment as they are so moreish and delicious from the get-go. I actually have to limit myself to how many times I make them as I always end up eating half the batch so by the end of it I'm left with like 5 balls!


These are the best I've made in a while. They are divine. They also keep really well in the freezer so why not make a batch for the week and let them be your treat everyday. If you are easing in to healthy eating then try substituting these for store-bought chocolates. They are just as tasty and won't leave you feeling sick or guilty as all the ingredients are good for you! I must mention though: everything in moderation! Dates are an amazing source of energy and fibre, however they have a high sugar content and should be limited if you are watching your weight.


Ingredients (makes around 12 balls):

1 cup of almonds (I like to use blanched almonds)

8 medjool dates (pitted)

1 tablespoon of cacao

1 and a 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil

1 teaspoon of cinnamon

1 teaspoon of flaxseeds (optional)  


Simply add all the ingredients to your food processor and blend for 1-2 minutes. You should be left with a sticky mixture. Roll into balls or create your own shape (I did some experimenting with cookie cutters here). Pop into the freezer for 5-10 minutes to allow them to set. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment